If you considering a mid year break, here are some fantastic reasons to consider a bit of Winter in Freycinet;
– The average day time temperature from June – September is around 14 or 15 degrees, very mild and great for walking
– The East Coast has far fewer rainy days in Winter, than Summer, or for that matter, anywhere else in the state.
– There are far fewer people on the walking tracks
– It’s completely possible to walk any of the beaches and have them entirely to yourself, if you’re brave enough, take a quick skinny dip, I guarantee you will feel more awake than you have all year!
– The Sunsets are magical this time of year, head over to Freycinet Lodge for a drink at the lounge bar and watch the sunset, warm and toasty near one of their huge open fire places.
– Activity bookings are more readily available, and you might catch a winter discount.
– You are in with a chance to spot some whales. They visit the coast during the winter months, visitors include Southern Right, Humpback, Pilot and very occasionally Minky’s
– The wildlife is more adventurous with fewer people around, wallabies and possums venture regularly into yards and public spaces. You may also catch a gimpse of a quoll or pademelon.
– For photographers…. the light. You know what I’m talkin’ ’bout right? The Hazards in their Winter light are much more photogenic.
Relax of an evening in warmth and comfort and quiet, no traffic noises during the off season, did I mention the quiet?