Type: Guided activity
Payments accepted: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Eftpos
Discover Wineglass Bay from the water.
Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay on The Wineglass Bay Cruise. Beautiful and remote, this is a place that only few will ever visit. A shimmering crescent of white sand fringes the edge of a perfect turquoise sea. Discover Wineglass Bay as few people can.
You’ll feast on a bento box full of fresh local produce such as smoked salmon, cheese and chocolates, prepared by Freycinet Lodge. Get up close to the scenery and wildlife of Wineglass Bay in our Vista Lounge, with comfortable indoor quarters and a spacious outdoor deck. Our upper deck offers privacy, comfort and personal service along with stunning views from the top deck of the Schouten Passage II.
Your skipper and guide will be in daily contact with local fisherman to ensure you get the best wildlife experience possible. You’ll experience stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and a rare, intimate perspective of one of Tasmania’s most extraordinary places.
You haven’t seen Freycinet until you’ve seen it with Wineglass Bay Cruises.
Vista lounge: Adult from $130
Child from $85 (4-14)
Sky lounge: January to March $195
Private charters, corporate groups and weddings: $POA
The Wineglass Bay Cruise operates daily from September to May. Closed Christmas Day.
All tours depart from the Wineglass Bay Cruises Office located on the Jetty, Jetty Road, Coles Bay.
The cruise duration is four hours and runs from 10am – 2pm daily
Please note: the safety and enjoyment of our guests is paramount and we reserve the right to alter or cancel tours.
STEP ABOARD SCHOUTEN PASSAGE II
The Schouten Passage II is a 150-seat eco-adventure catamaran that’ll take you on an unforgettable four-hour cruise from the gentle shores of Coles Bay to one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. It offers licensed bars and restrooms on both decks, three large outdoor areas, full air-conditioning and disabled amenities. No matter the conditions, you’ll experience the beauty of Freycinet in comfort.
• Abundant seabirds including Australasian gannets, cormorants, gulls, crested and caspian terns, short-tailed shearwaters and albatross, including the shy, yellow-nosed and wandering albatross.
• White-bellied and wedge-tailed eagles.
• Little penguins.
• Bottlenose and common dolphins.
• Australian fur seal.
• Migrating humpback and southern right whales (Sept – Dec). • Wildlife sightings are collected and data recorded for Tasmanian marine conservation.
• A rare opportunity to experience Wineglass Bay from the water.
• A unique perspective of the Freycinet Peninsula’s incredible sheer granite cliffs, sea caves and hidden coves. • Tasmanian lunch served at anchor in Wineglass Bay.
• Close encounters with wildlife.
• Highly skilled local skipper with vast knowledge of the natural history, geology, eco-systems and the heritage of the Freycinet Peninsula.
• Enjoy a premium experience in the captain’s upper deck.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING
The weather in Tasmania can change quickly, so be sure to pack warm clothing, even on a fine day. Comfortable, flat-soled shoes are recommended on board.
Be sure to bring your camera!
Address: Jetty, Jetty Road, Coles Bay
Tariff: The Full Wineglass Adult rate: $130 Child rate: $85(4 - 14yrs) Under 4 free of charge Depart 10am, return 2pm (Sept - May) Private charters by arrangement
Check in time: 9.30am - 9.45am
Suitable for children: Yes
Facilities: Reception and booking office at the jetty.
Reception and booking office at the jetty.